Have you ever thought that you could use your blog entries to create lessons for an online course? You don’t want to do it manually? Here is the solution!
The creators of Sensei LMS, who you already know is my recommended plugin for creating online courses, have published a plugin that does this, to create online courses from WordPress entries.
The plugin, Sensei LMS Post to Course Creator, is totally free, and it is installed like any other plugin, the only requirement is that you have previously installed and activated the Sensei LMS plugin, logically, it doesn’t matter if it is the free version or the one needed to sell online courses.
Once installed and active, you only have to go through its settings, in Tools > Post to Course Creator.
It’s only 2 steps to create your online courses from entries:
- Choose a name for the course.
- Choose the category of entries/posts from which the posts will be taken to be converted into lessons (if you do not choose any, all the entries will be converted).
When you have set up your options simply save your changes and the course with the lessons will be automatically created from the selected category.
The lessons and the course will be created in a draft state.
The lessons will inherit the following elements from the entries:
- Post title -> Lesson title
- Content of the post -> Content of the lesson, with all its images and other elements (blocks, inlays, etc.)
- Extract of the post -> Extract of the lesson
- Highlighted image of the post -> Image of the lesson (this sometimes fails)
- Post category -> Course category
The rest of the elements, such as quizzes, modules, etc., you will have to add them before finally publishing the lessons and the course.
Read this post in Spanish: Convierte automáticamente tus entradas de blog en cursos online de Sensei LMS